1. What are the benefits of Company Registration over Proprietorship Firm?
2. What are the different types of companies?
- Private Limited Company (With Single Shareholder)
- Private Limited Company (With Multiple Shareholder)
- Public Limited Company
- Non-Profit Company (Ex. NGO)
3. What is the first step of registering a company?
4. What are the documents required during company registration?
5. What is the general process of registering a company?
- Application of proposed company name in OCR
- Once the name is approved, MOA & AOA of the company has to be prepared.
- Final copy of MOA, AOA has to be signed by all shareholders of the company.
- All the documents along with citizenship copies have to be notarized and submitted to OCR.
- After checking all the details OCR approves your application and provides with Company Registration Certificate
6. What is the government fee and taxes during company registration?
As per the FY 2080-81 Budget there has been complete exemption of Government Fee during Company Registration as well as Capital Increment. Hence, for Fiscal Year 2080-81, it is free to register a company in Nepal.
- Having authorized capital up to Rs.1,00,000/- Rs. 1,000/-
- Rs. 1,00,001/- to Rs.5,00,000/- with authorized capital Rs. 4,500/-
- Rs. 5,00,001/- to Rs.25,00,000/- with authorized capital Rs. 9,500/-
- Rs. 25,00,001/- to Rs.1,00,00,000/- having authorized capital Rs. 16,000/-
- Rs. 1,00,00,001/- to Rs.2,00,00,000/- having authorized capital Rs. 19,000/-
7. Can a foreign citizen register a company in Nepal?
- Obtain foreign investment approval from Investment Board Nepal or Department of Industries.
- Obtain required approval from Nepal Rashtra Bank (NRB) for Foreign Investment.
8. What are the rules to be followed after company registration?
After registration your company needs to follow several rules throughout the year. We have listed some of them below:
- Obtain Business License if needed (Ex. Construction, Media, Tourism Etc.)
- Obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN) or Value Added Tax (VAT) from IRD.
- Open a Business Bank Account.
- File 3 Months Return with OCR.
- Obtain a copy of Share Lagat (If Bank Financing is needed)
- Maintain all Accounting & Taxation Records.
- Prepare Financial Reports and get them audited by a Licensed Auditor from ICAN.
- File Annual Income Tax Return.
- Update Your Company with OCR before Poush End.
9. How can Company Khata help entrepreneurs with Company Registration?
- We conduct extensive name search on your behalf and apply them in OCR Website.
- We provide you consultation regarding the Capital Requirement, Shareholder, Address and Objectives of your company.
- Once the name is approved, we prepare MOA, AOA draft and send them to you for the review.
- Once we receive signed documents from you, we submit them to OCR after notarizing from lawyers.
- We receive the Registration Certificate on your behalf and send it to you.
- We assist with PAN/VAT documentation.
- We provide year round compliance services for your company, i.e. Share Lagat, Amendments, Annual Update etc.
10. What are other start-up services provided by Company Khata?
Company Khata Pvt. Ltd. is itself a start-up established with the main goal to assist entrepreneurs and businesses with compliance, taxation, accounting and technical services. We provide extensive range of services to new businesses and start-ups. It includes: